5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 4 pounds apples (a mix of Gala, Granny Smith & Golden Delicious work best), peeled, cored and sliced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and stir to combine. Place lid on top and cook on Low for 6 hours.
- When applesauce is finished cooking turn the slow cooker to OFF. Using a stick blender or regular blender blend applesauce to your desired texture. For a chunkier texture use a stick blender and don’t blend completely. For a smoother texture use a regular blender and blend in batches. Be sure to vent the top of the blender to let the steam escape. Or to avoid rogue applesauce burns just let the mixture cool down before blending.