Sweet Potato Crust Spinach Quiche
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil, preferably coconut, avocado, or canola
- 1/2 cup sliced onion (yellow or red)
- 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup milk (sub non-dairy if preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9” pie plate with cooking spray. Layer sweet potato disks in overlapping concentric circles starting in the middle, working your way out to the edges. For the sides of the pan, cut sweet potato disks in half. Nestle each half disk between the side of the pan and the bottom layer, cut side down/rounded edge facing up. Coat potatoes with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes are slightly undercooked, yet tender. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool slightly.
- Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil and onion; sauté until onion is translucent. Add spinach and sauté 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Arrange mixture on top of sweet potato crust.
- In a medium bowl combine and whisk coconut milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and eggs. Pour mixture over spinach mixture and sweet potato crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 8 wedges; 1 wedges per serving.